WhatsApp’s new feature, check PNR status or get live train status for free of cost. But How?? How can you check PNR status using WhatsApp? Is there any pro or cons to check PNR status using WhatsApp?
How to check PNR status using WhatsApp?
To make Indian train passengers life easy, with the help IRCTC partner MakeMyTrip, WhatsApp introduced a way to get PNR status & live train status by sending one message. All you have to do is just drop a WhatsApp message to MakeMyTrip to get PNR status.
Follow Steps To Get PNR Status Via WhatsApp:
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Save ‘7349389104’ (Official WhatsApp number of MakeMyTrip) into your contact list.
- After saving the number open your WhatsApp and search MakeMyTrip contact number and tap on it to open a chat window.
- Now type your PNR number following by PNR like PNR 1234567890 and tap on the send button.
Once you send the PNR number, MakeMyTrip will access the PNR details from IRCTC. And once they got your PNR details they share that with you.
READ ALSO: How WhatsApp Makes Money?
Follow Step To Get Live Train Status Using WhatsApp:
- To get train status type train number in the message box like 12306(Rajdhani Train Number) and send it MakeMyTrip number.
Once you hit the send button, MakeMyTrip will get all information(train dispatch, train arrival time etc) about provided train number. And once they got the information they share it with you.
Pros And Cons To Check PNR Status/ Live Train Status Using WhatsApp Are:
Pros: No need to waste a much time on third-party apps, websites, or on 139 official rail inquiry number.
Cons: You may face a delay in receiving details. Because MakeMyTrip has to fetch data from IRCTC servers. And response time will also depend on no of inquiries.
Things To Kepp In Mind:
- WhatsApp won’t reply until you see the ‘Blue Tick’ Mark on your send WhatsApp message.
So, this is the whole story about WhatsApp PNR status number, Do you think checking PNR/ Live Train Status via WhatsApp is a good idea or not? share your answer in the comment section.